Monterey Sausage Pie Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, red pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, sage and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Monterey Sausage Pie(6)
Sort By :
Recipe is very tasty. I made just 1/2 of it and that was more than enough for us 2. It reheated very well the next day. It is more like a cobbler verses a Pie. As all of the crust is on top. The filling bakes into the crust real well. This was a most enjoyable recipe. Next time I will make minis. This would make an excellent brunch entre.
I love this dish.
Left out the mushrooms as we are allergic to them. Added sweet green and yellow peppers with a bit of onion. Yummy!!!
I love this recipe. The only change that I made was to leave out the RED BELL PEPPER, but added chopped green chiliesYummmmm!
I've made this several times and it's always good... The only change I make is to leave out the mushrooms.