Montana Wildfire Chili Recipe
This thick and chunky chili has some kick to it. I like to top it with shredded Cheddar and then serve it with a side of cornbread.—Donna Evaro, Great Falls, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 5 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, tomato juice, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 365 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC