"Our four kids like slices of this moist tropical-tasting banana bread for breakfast," comments Mary Watkins of Chaska, Minnesota. "I sometimes bake it in mini loaf pans, then freeze the loaves so we can enjoy a small portion at a time."
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Pineapple Banana Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p37
Reviews for Moist Pineapple Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review