- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Moist Drumsticks
Sort By :
Great taste! I did take the chicken off the bones and used as meat with gravy over mash potatoes. Will try with boneless/skinless chicken thighs next time.
I used thighs, we really liked the sauce
Sauce was good. Will use chicken breast next time.
Excellent recipe and so easy to make. My family loved it.
This is a go to recipe for me. My husband loves it. I serve it with buttered egg noodles and green salad. If there are leftovers I debone the chicken legs and toss with leftover egg noodles and mix in the thickened sauce. I use teriyaki sauce in lieu of soy sauce and also skin the chicken legs or thighs.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >