Mocha Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with melted milk chocolate. Yield: 15 cookies.
Reviews for Mocha Cookies
Sort By :
These are very good and fudgy. I doubled the amount of instant coffee (used instant espresso) and omitted the melted milk chocolate. I doubled the recipe (used 2 T instant espresso total) and used 1/4 cup unsalted butter and 1/4 cup light butter. I got about 38 cookies total.
Amazing! I have to make two batches. One is not enough. I recommend using 1 packet of Starbucks Via Christmas Blend.
Very good! Made for a party and everybody loved them, even got asked for the recipe!
The best chocolate cookie ever! I didn't put icing on them to allow the bold flavors to burst through. If you are a fan of frosted brownies, then go for the icing. Have a tall glass of ice cold milk or a hot cup of coffee ready. Thanks for this outstanding recipe!
These cookies are great. I used an expresso coffee powder and doubled it. I didn't have any milk chocolate for the topping so I melted chocolate chips and spread that on top. These were a lunch time hit at work. I'll be baking these again soon.