Peanut butter lovers go nuts for these rich little sandwich cookies. On a hot day, sandwich ice cream between the cookies instead of frosting. It cools you right down. —Keri Wolfe, Nappanee, Indiana
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
- Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw cookies and fill as directed. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2014
"These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever made. They are so rich and delicious. I'm a true peanut butter lover and will never make any other peanut butter cookie recipe again. Everyone loves them."