- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Freeze option: Freeze unfilled cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw cookies and fill as directed. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
"Lots of work but worth it. Do you think put together cookies can be frozen?"
"These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever made. They are so rich and delicious. I'm a true peanut butter lover and will never make any other peanut butter cookie recipe again. Everyone loves them."