Fresh crab is one of my all-time favorite foods so whenever I get the chance to cook with it I will often make this dish. It's great for appetizers but you can make larger ones for a fantastic dinner with a simple salad. —Ellen Riley, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Featured In: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- CRAB CAKES:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 16 dill pickle slices
- Minced chives
- Mix the first six ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. For crab cakes, combine egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, mustard, seafood seasoning and pepper sauce. Fold in crab. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, shape 2 tablespoonfuls crab mixture into 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add crab cakes in batches; cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Top each with a pickle slice and sauce. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Mini Crab Cakes in TasteofHome.com 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini Crab Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review