Mini Chicken Kabobs Recipe
"I first tried these kabobs when my daughter-in-law made them for my granddaughter's birthday party," writes Norma Wells of Cookson, Oklahoma. "Full of soy sauce, ginger and pineapple flavors, these appetizers are popular when I serve them at get-togethers.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper, garlic powder and ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger. Pour half of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. For each kabob, thread a piece of chicken, green pepper and pineapple onto a wooden toothpick. Place kabobs on a microwave-safe plate. Add honey to the reserved marinate.
- Microwave kabobs on high for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally. Baste with reserved marinade during the last minute of cooking. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Chicken Kabobs in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p40
Reviews for Mini Chicken Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Kabobs >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Meat Appetizers >