Every time I make these enchiladas, they go really fast. Fix them for a speedy weeknight meal, a neighborhood potluck, even a tailgate. —Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
Featured In: 25 Recipes You Can Make in a Microwave
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce and sour cream, optional
- Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add onion. Microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and green chilies.
- Place about 1/2 cup beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in a greased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with lettuce and sour cream. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Beef & Cheese Enchiladas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014