Microwave Beef & Cheese Enchiladas
Every time I make these enchiladas, they go really fast. Fix them for a speedy weeknight meal, a neighborhood potluck or even a tailgate. —Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce and sour cream, optional
- 1. Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add onion. Microwave, covered, on high until beef is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes; drain. Stir in 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and green chilies.
- 2. Place about 1/2 cup beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in a greased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- 3. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer. If desired, serve with lettuce and sour cream.
2 enchiladas (calculated without optional ingredients): 538 calories, 32g fat (20g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1117mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC