- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package Hot Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 6 eggs
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place bread slices on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onions, salt and pepper. In the same skillet, cook and stir egg mixture until set. Stir in sausage.
- Spread salsa over each bread slice. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Sausage Crostini
Sort By :
"Followed recipe - Quick, easy and they were crowd favorite for sure. Messy as you assemble them so assemble on wax paper and then put on tray to melt the cheese. Pack the cheese together slightly and press into the egg/sausage mix seemed to hold them together a little better. These are excellent."
"My husband really liked this. It kind of reminded me of a breakfast burrito."