- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package Hot Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 6 eggs
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place bread slices on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onions, salt and pepper. In the same skillet, cook and stir egg mixture until set. Stir in sausage.
- Spread salsa over each bread slice. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mexican Sausage Crostini in Jimmy Dean® 2010
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Sausage Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2010
My husband really liked this. It kind of reminded me of a breakfast burrito.