Mexican Beef-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I grew up eating stuffed peppers and thought my husband would immediately love them as well. He didn't at first, but then I created this slow-cooked recipe. He loves fajitas and tacos, so I created these peppers with all of his favorite flavors tucked inside.—Nicole Sullivan, Arvada, Colorado
- 4 medium green or sweet red peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, salsa and pepper sauce. Spoon into peppers. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour water around peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Beef-Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p16
Reviews for Mexican Beef-Stuffed Peppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >