- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) original ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Mexican Bean Soup
Sort By :
"Ive been making this for a while now and the family LOVES it. The taco seasoning makes it perfect..... great job."
"I have already used this recipe many times. However, I halve the ingredients as it makes a lot. This recipe is quick and simple."
"The soup was very good. It kind of tasted like the chili we make though. It's good with chips crushed into it; you just have to eat it before the chips get soggy. :)"
"prett yyummy i didnt add the cayenne because it was already pretty spicy for my little boys to handle. I also used ground turkey and loved the blend of flavors. id call it mexican chili - thats pretty much what it is :)"
"The whole family loved it. I am making it again but kicking up the spice factor a little bit with hot taco seasoning."