- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove from the heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Drain shells and rinse in cold water. Stir the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and salt into meat mixture. Spread 2 cups spaghetti sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with about 1/4 cupful meat mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Meaty Manicotti
Sort By :
"Loved this recipe.I used Italian sausage and added onion and Italian seasoning. Added mozzarella to parmesan."
"My family just loved this recipe. To make filling the shells easier I used a potato masher to mix the meat and cubed cream cheese after the meat had cooled. It worked great!"
"It always takes extra time to stuff manicotti....that's the long part of it. But, otherwise, it tasted pretty good."
"I didn't use sausage, I used all ground beef and it turned out delicious. Will make again."