- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove from the heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Drain shells and rinse in cold water. Stir the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and salt into meat mixture. Spread 2 cups spaghetti sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with about 1/4 cupful meat mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Meaty Manicotti
Sort By :
I didn't use sausage, I used all ground beef and it turned out delicious. Will make again.
I really enjoyed this but I used regular loose sausage instead of the Italian and for the sauce I used Classico Tomato Basil Spicy spaghetti sauce, and already minced garlic and it turned out very good! Would definitely recommend this recipe.
I just made this for our Mother's Day dinner and everybody raved about how good it was! I have to admit, though, that I made it into a casserole because I didn't want to stuff the manicotti shells! I will be making this again!