Slow Cooker Two-Meat Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 jars (23-1/2 ounces each) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushroom mixture and spaghetti sauce; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs and seasonings. Stuff into uncooked manicotti shells.
- Spread 2-1/4 cups sauce onto the bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange five stuffed manicotti shells over sauce; repeat two times, using four shells on the top layer. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts2 manicotti: 657 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 1609mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 7g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 28, 2015
I doubled this recipe and made in two pans. It got rave reviews from all families!! Great recipe when you need a meal to take or share. I would add oregano next time. We used a baggie with the corner cut out to squeeze filling into uncooked manicotti noodles and it works great!! Very filling and delicious!!!