Meatball Minestrone Recipe
"MM-M-M, just thinking about this soup simmering on the stove gets me hungry for some! It's fairly easy to make, and rather quick as soups go. With the cooler months just around the corner, this minestrone will appear on our table more frequentlyand hopefully on yours, too!"
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans with liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, crumbs, salt and pepper. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In large saucepan, brown meatballs on all sides until no longer pink. Drain. Add remaining ingredients except macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add macaroni; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Meatball Minestrone in Reminisce September/October 1991, p33
Reviews for Meatball Minestrone(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review