This recipe makes a tasty side dish that's a nice alternative to the standard potatoes or rice. —Jill Hancock, Nashua, New Hampshire
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, milk, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1-1/3 cups cheese. Grease two 6-portion muffin pans; divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (6 servings each).
Originally published as Mashed Potato Cups in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p57
Reviews for Mashed Potato Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review