- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, milk, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1-1/3 cups cheese. Grease two 6-portion muffin pans; divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (6 servings each).
Reviews for Mashed Potato Cups
Sort By :
"Are The mash potato please in the muffin cups them in muffin pan. Other rose them Will fall apart when you remove from muffin pan. You do not give dire tuona."
"I am lazy. I used one package of instant mashed potatoes, the cheese and I added real bacon bits. I froze them in the muffin tin, then took them out and put them in a freezer bag. There is only two of us, so I only have to take out two. They fit nicely into a custard cup."
"These potatoes look so good!! I'll be trying them. I searched for "meatloaf" on this site.......320 results. Could someone please state which meatloaf recipe was on this page? I find no meatloaf recipe on my page."
"Sounds good and easy to do !"
"These I had high hopes for and in the end they were ok. Need much more seasoning than called for, though. that 1 tsp of salt, just didnt do the trick. Next time, Im adding garlic, a little more salt and little more cheese and bacon."