- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, milk, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1-1/3 cups cheese. Grease two 6-portion muffin pans; divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (6 servings each).
Reviews for Mashed Potato Cups
Sort By :
"Sounds good and easy to do !"
"These I had high hopes for and in the end they were ok. Need much more seasoning than called for, though. that 1 tsp of salt, just didnt do the trick. Next time, Im adding garlic, a little more salt and little more cheese and bacon."
"The meat loaf recipe from that page in quick cooking was called double meat loaf."
"This how I make mashed potatoes when I make something we really like and are going to have 2 or 3 nights in a row, such as meatloaf. I always use paper muffin liners so the potatoes come out easily. This is a basic mashed potato recipe. I swap out the 2% milk for half and half, we like rich foods. You can add whatever you like to these mashed potato cups, bacon, green onion, diced sharp cheddar, etc. Try dropping a bay leaf or 2 to the potato water when you turn the heat on, it will add a depth of flavor."
"Comment & Question: I no longer have back issues of ToH. Can someone tell me what Meat Loaf recipe is on the same page. This looks like something I'd like to try."