- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, milk, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1-1/3 cups cheese. Grease two 6-portion muffin pans; divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (6 servings each).
Reviews for Mashed Potato Cups
Sort By :
"The meat loaf recipe from that page in quick cooking was called double meat loaf."
"This how I make mashed potatoes when I make something we really like and are going to have 2 or 3 nights in a row, such as meatloaf. I always use paper muffin liners so the potatoes come out easily. This is a basic mashed potato recipe. I swap out the 2% milk for half and half, we like rich foods. You can add whatever you like to these mashed potato cups, bacon, green onion, diced sharp cheddar, etc. Try dropping a bay leaf or 2 to the potato water when you turn the heat on, it will add a depth of flavor."
"Comment & Question: I no longer have back issues of ToH. Can someone tell me what Meat Loaf recipe is on the same page. This looks like something I'd like to try."
"Awesome idea...but do they really come out of the muffin cup in one piece??"
"What weight of potatoes do you need to get 6 cups?"