Mashed Potato Timbales
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with butter and onion until small lumps of potato remain; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat ricotta cheese, sour cream, salt, garlic powder, rosemary and pepper until smooth. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; fold into cheese mixture. Fold into potato mixture.
- Generously coat muffin cups with cooking spray; evenly sprinkle muffin cups with bread crumbs. Fill with potato mixture; smooth tops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 27-30 minutes or until edges of potatoes are lightly browned. Cool for 15 minutes. Loosen timbales from sides of muffins cups; invert onto a baking sheet to remove.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fat.
Jul 6, 2012
Loved these. What a different way to have mashed potatoes. I stored leftovers in the fridge and reheated in the microwave. They were a little softer than right from the oven but still tasted very good.
Nov 11, 2011
My entire family loves these. They can turn out a little grainy sometimes, but that may be the potato.
Jan 1, 2008
mine came out a little dry and white, should I have added more butter?
Dec 31, 2007
Would like to know how to pare this dow for one to 2 people.
Dec 28, 2007
how should I warm them up to serve and what about stoage?