- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender. Drain; place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, onion, garlic salt and salt; beat until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Casserole
"I served this at a neighborhood potluck last night and everyone at the table had seconds. Would definitely serve it again. The only changes I made were to use green onions (4 sliced onions) and as I thought the quantity might be short I added a package of herb instant potatoes to stretch it. No one was the wiser. The dish was very popular with the crowd!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving at work and everyone loved it! I didn't use a whole onion since some people do not like onions. I did add some onion powder and topped half of it with green onions. Delicious!"