“I’ve shared the recipe for Mashed Potato Casserole many times with relatives and friends, just as my sister-in-law shared it with me,” writes Margaret Lindberg of Richland, Washington. “It can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.”
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender. Drain; place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, onion, garlic salt and salt; beat until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Casserole in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p18
Reviews for Mashed Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review