- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast. cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the chicken and teriyaki sauce. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, chicken, oranges, carrot, almonds and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over the salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p37
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2011
"I haven't tried it yet, but it sure sounds yummy"