Makeover Waffles Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 waffles.
Reviews for Makeover Waffles(3)
Sort By :
I also added the whole egg at once and subbed 1/2 cup of Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt for the 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce. They turned out wonderful.
Fantastic waffle recipe! They turned light and fluffy. The taste was also very good. This is my new favorite regular waffle recipe.
Very good. I added the whole egg when mixing the wet ingredients (didn't bother to beat the white separately), and it turned out fine.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >