- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Hash Brown Casserole
Sort By :
"I bought hash browns by mistake and had no idea what to do with them until I saw this recipe. It was a little dry but tasty. Nice alt to fries."
"I added diced ham and used hash down diced potatoes instead of regular hashbrowns. I actually cooked the potatoes to lightly brown before putting in oven, too. It became a main dish for Sunday night family supper. it was delicious and filling"
"Liked this very much. Next time will add more flavor, like onion/garlic, and perhaps ham or bacon. Nice consistency and easy to make!"
"I needed a one dish dinner so added some sausage to this recipe. I think without the sausage it would have been a little bland. Next time I will add ham. Toss a salad and dinner is ready!"
"My husband and I liked this recipe so much I have made it twice since the magazine arrived. I included it with our Easter meal."