- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Hash Brown Casserole
"We loved this! Will be making this again! ??"
"Family loves it, will stay as a favorite in my recipe box!"
"I make this all the time. Try using hash brown O'Brien's. These hash browns contain onions and peppers which adds more flavor. I know this recipe consist of onions but there is something about using hash browns O'Brien."
"I bought hash browns by mistake and had no idea what to do with them until I saw this recipe. It was a little dry but tasty. Nice alt to fries."
"I added diced ham and used hash down diced potatoes instead of regular hashbrowns. I actually cooked the potatoes to lightly brown before putting in oven, too. It became a main dish for Sunday night family supper. it was delicious and filling"
"Liked this very much. Next time will add more flavor, like onion/garlic, and perhaps ham or bacon. Nice consistency and easy to make!"
"My husband and I liked this recipe so much I have made it twice since the magazine arrived. I included it with our Easter meal."
"Lacking a little in spices, but overall was good. Went nicely with the ham I made."