For Judy Crawford of Deming, New Mexico, the special meal for her family is Garlic Chicken Spaghetti. It's got a very special feel with sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and white wine.
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, wine or additional broth, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Stir in the reserved tomatoes and chicken; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti. Add chicken mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p9
Reviews for Makeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review