- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in marinara and pizza sauces. In a bowl, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove lasagna from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Lasagna
"So easy and delicious. Alter it any way you like. I made 3x the recipe. Used disposable foil pans and put 2 in the freezer for when something comes up. 5*****"
"Another great lasagna recipe to add to our repertoire. Loved letting set overnight for both flavor and ease."
"This is one of the best and easiest lasagna recipes I have found. Rather than the pizza sauce and Marinara sauce I used the same amount of bottled spaghetti sauce. I doctor my sauce up with garlic and italian herbs to my taste. It is so great because you prepare it a day ahead of time. Truly a great dish for company or to take pot luck!"
"This is great to make ahead and have ready to bake the next day. It definitely is spicier than others because of the hot Italian sausage; next time I might go with the mild...especially when serving it to my daughter. But when I think of lasagna, this is it!"
"I loved this recipe. Having the lasagna sit overnight before baking really helps the flavors meld together for a delicious dish!"
"very good basic recipe. Family loved it."