- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) marinara sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza and marinara sauces. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan, parsley and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the cheese mixture, 1 cup meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Lasagna
Sort By :
"This is one of the best and easiest lasagna recipes I have found. Rather than the pizza sauce and Marinara sauce I used the same amount of bottled spaghetti sauce. I doctor my sauce up with garlic and italian herbs to my taste. It is so great because you prepare it a day ahead of time. Truly a great dish for company or to take pot luck!"
"This is great to make ahead and have ready to bake the next day. It definitely is spicier than others because of the hot Italian sausage; next time I might go with the mild...especially when serving it to my daughter. But when I think of lasagna, this is it!"
"I loved this recipe. Having the lasagna sit overnight before baking really helps the flavors meld together for a delicious dish!"
"very good basic recipe. Family loved it."