- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Macaroni Coleslaw
Sort By :
"I used Best Foods Mayonaise instead of Miracle Whip, and I really love the salad. My husband doesn't like macaroni salad and he would still rate it a 4. Took it camping and it was just as good on day 4."
"Wasn't a favorite. I didn't care for the vinegary taste. Wasn't creamy enough. I'm sure if you are a huge coleslaw fan you would love this recipe."
"Even my non coleslaw liking kids, LOVED this recipe. Made dressing exactly as written, except I used colored, spiral Rotini and red pepper for color. Liked it even more the next day!!"
"I added crispy bacon to this and it was wonderful........."
"I was so disappointed with this recipe. It tasted like sugar and vinegar. I double checked and measured correctly. It was not edible."