- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each)
Reviews for Macaroni Coleslaw
"Very good! Worth chopping up all the veggies."
"I just made this salad.......awesome!!!!! I didn't put the chestnuts in the salad. (I don't like them.) I will make this again....."
"I like both coleslaw and macaroni salad but I thought this might be really odd to taste. I added green onion and red onion instead of onion. I omitted the green pepper and water chestnuts. I added 2 chopped fine hard boiled eggs to it. In the end I also sprinkled a bit of turmeric to it. This is absolutely delicious! I love it, thanks for the recipe, even if I made it my own. Try it, its sooooo good!"
"Delicious! I made this for a church cook out yesterday and it earned rave reviews. It makes a lot so it is a handy recipe to have on hand when you are looking to serve a crowd. Folks liked the additional vegetables along with the macaroni and cabbage. I used mayonnaise, red onion and green onion along with red bell pepper. It is a very adaptable recipe."
"This was very yummy!!"
"I served this for 4th of July yesterday. I thought I'd like it better than I did. It made a lot, which was a plus, but it was really missing something in the flavor. I found it unappealing and wished I'd served something else. Inhad 12 people for dinner; people ate it-- I had half a bowl left over. My husband said it was okay, and that he liked it well enough, but I didn't notice anyone really excited about it. Too bad. It sounded like something I'd like.Perhaps I'd like it with a different dressing. I think the dressing was a deal breaker for me. Maybe I'll try it again but use a favorite coleslaw dressing on it instead. Also, I wasn't crazy about the chestnuts. If I do it again, I'll use chopped jicama instead."
"Fresh taste and crunchy... Yum! I was looking for something a little different -- and this did the trick. I did not add the water chestnuts and reduced the onion."
"This was so good. I don't think I will ever make just plain coleslaw again."
"Very delicious!!! Substituted green peas for the green peppers and loved it! Used whole wheat pasta & mayo & splenda & seasoned with white pepper & celery salt. pasta box was 12 oz, so increased amount of dressing by adding some olive oil & more cider vinegar & sweetener & seasonings---perfecto! Thanks for sharing!!!"
"Very good recipe! Everyone loves it!"