- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Macaroni Coleslaw
Sort By :
"Excellent! I made for 1st time at a birthday party and everyone gave thumbs up.ITSA keeper!"
"Loved the if this salad, and the ingredients, but there just wasn't enough flavor for me. I will try it again, but next time I will add the same ingredients I use when I make cole slaw and see if that helps. It needed more "tang"."
"This salad is delicious! Added tiny cubes of ham to add a little protein. SOOOO GOOOD!Definately will make this recipe again! A new family fav! :)"
"Made with Hellmann's mayo. Our family does not care for Miracle Whip at all. Used tarragon vinegar so it had that KFC coleslaw flavor. That is what tipped the scale at our large family gathering."
"A big hit with family & friends. Love the crunchy vegetables!"