- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; spoon or pipe onto pie. Top with macadamia nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Macadamia Key Lime Pie
"Really easy & so good!"
"My guys favorite Key Lime Pie!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving. I didn't taste it. People were saying 'what type of pie is this'. Initially I said 'I don't know' although I did of course know. The people were saying that the pie was delicious. Then I said, 'oh I prepared that pie'. They said it was really, really good! I did crush the macadamia cookies into crumbs, but not fine crumbs. I guess you really don't have to either. I couldn't find my mixer so I didn't worry about the whipped cream. I guess I could have used the blender, but I didn't. I will make this again for Christmas. I think I'll taste it next time."
"I made this for my annual St. Patrick's Day Party. It was very good and everyone seemed to enjoy. The crust was not as flavorful as I had hoped and that is why I only gave it 4 points, but will definitely make again, but will use graham cracker crust next time."
"This was a good summer pie I enjoyed it but I did not try the crust maybe next time I used gram cracker instead I did use Nellie & Joes key lime juice for the first time that stuff is the bomb."