Low-Fat Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
"I first tasted these fun mushroom appetizers at a support group meeting for diabetics," says Beth Ann Howard of Verona, Pennsylvania. "I couldn't believe how yummy they were. Since then, I've shared the recipe with friends and co-workers."
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Chop stems, reserving 1/3 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, chives, mayonnaise, vinegar, hot pepper sauce if desired and reserved mushroom stems; mix well.
- Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; stuff with crumb mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Mushrooms in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Low-Fat Stuffed Mushrooms(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >