- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime or lemon peel
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add the flour, salt, lime juice and peel; mix well. Beat in egg yolks and milk until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Pour into six ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Place cups in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lime Pudding Cakes in Country Extra March 2009, p51
Reviews for Lime Pudding Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2014
"Awesome flavour, quite tart so that you know that it is lime. I baked it in a casserole dish that holds 6 cups of water nicely, as I did not have the ramekins. It came out just a nicely."