VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place gelatin and sugar in a bowl. Add boiling water to gelatin mixture; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Refrigerate until very thick, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place milk and mixer beaters in a bowl. Freeze until ice crystals form around edge of bowl, about 30 minutes. Beat milk on high speed until light and fluffy. While beating, pour in thickened jello mixture; beat on high until soft peaks form.
- Pour into an 11x7-in. dish. Mix cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lime Chiffon Jello in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p120