I received this recipe from my cousin who tried to duplicate cookies she loved from a restaurant. It was in a cookbook she made for the family for Christmas!—Lorie Miner, Kamas, Utah
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. (Dough will be crumbly.) Shape into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, press dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-in. fluted cookie cutter; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick cookies with a fork. Reroll scraps if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Shortbread Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p80
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review