"On our busy ranch, we often need meals we can put on the table in a hurry," remarks Kat Thompson, Prineville, Oregon. "This all-in-one chicken dish - with its delicate lemon flavor - fits the bill...and it's inexpensive to boot."
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and carrot in butter for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth. Gradually add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review