- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and carrot in butter for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth. Gradually add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken and Rice
Sort By :
"We love this recipe! This is my go-to dish to make when I take a meal to new moms. I do add more lemon juice and garlic and I warn recipients not to feel guilty if they need to add salt. I like it with minute rice but have also successfully made it with rice from the rice cooker (which I dump in while it still has a little water left). We made it for someone with a dairy allergy and just used olive oil instead of butter."
"This was just OK. I liked it the most out of the family. Most said it was too lemony. Family says not a keeper."
"Surprisingly good. I halved the recipe because I only had 1/2 pound of chicken. The only change I made other than the proportions of the ingredients was to add extra lemon and some dill to give it more taste because some of the reviews said that it was bland or that they couldn't taste the lemon. It was very tasty with just those 2 changes."
"This recipe was easy and tasted good. It was a little less flavorful than I might like so I shook a little parmesan cheese on top. Hubby and I both enjoyed this dish and I will make it again. I also added a 3 T of lemon juice instead of 2, to give it a little more lemon flavor."