Lemon-Basil Bow Ties Recipe
"Even our children enjoy this quick side dish," relates Michelle Harbour of Lebanon, Tennessee. With fresh basil, shredded Parmesan and a splash of citrus, the pasta toss is a delicious accompaniment to many different entrees.
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add basil; toss to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until basil is wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Basil Bow Ties in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p37
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Bow Ties(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2013
This is very good. I love the marriage of all the flavors. This is superb with the Blackened Chicken.
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2012
very fresh, light and perfect with the shrimp I made. I may have added a little too much salt but it was very good regardless.