- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- BERRY LAYER:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped topping, optional
- Dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water; stir in pineapple juice. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish; refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl. Beat in cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spread over lime layer; refrigerate until set.
- Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Layered Christmas Gelatin
Sort By :
Everyone love this at Christmas..
To the person who said the middle layer was less than bland... you didn't make it right! This is delicious... good any time of year!! Before my mom passed away, this was a part of every Christmas and Thanksgiving... the ONLY difference was that she used bananas in the red layer, not cranberries. DELICIOUS!!!!! Nice and cool in the summer!!
How often do you make a jello salad that is beautiful and delicious? Try this; you'll love it.
This is not only a beautiful dish. It is delicious! I dont like really sweet desserts, this is perfect.
I don't care for cranberry sauce but this recipe was delicious. I felt it needed the whipped topping but next time I'll try adding 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture.