Christmastime always means that this recipe comes out of my recipe box. The traditional holiday colors in this salad make the holiday table look so pretty.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- BERRY LAYER:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped topping, optional
- Dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water; stir in pineapple juice. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish; refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl. Beat in cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spread over lime layer; refrigerate until set.
- Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Layered Christmas Gelatin in Country December/January 2009, p51
Reviews for Layered Christmas Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review