Ladybug Appetizers Recipe
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Black paste food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 18 large pitted ripe olives
- 72 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Remove 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and tint black. Place tinted cream cheese mixture in a small plastic bag; set aside.
- Add the chives, garlic salt and parsley to the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over crackers. Arrange two tomato quarters on each for the ladybug wings.
- For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each cracker. Insert two chives into olives for antennae. Use tinted cream cheese mixture to pipe spots onto wings. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Ladybug Appetizers(26)
Sort By :
Re the soggy cracker issue: I am going to try a basil leaf or sliver of lettuce next time. The basil should add a nice flavor. Maybe just a small dot of cream cheese mix to hold it in place and then assemble as per recipe.
Really good....I just substituted the black paste dots with chocolate syrup.....tasted amazing!
Very good! Substituted flower shaped cucumber slices for the crackers. Perfect compliment to my garden themed Tea Party.
I did not make these as ladybugs. I just wanted to serve as appetizers. The spread was delicious and then I just served the tomatoes and black olives and chives separately so that you could build your own. Very tasty. If I ever need the cuteness factor I will assemble as ladybugs.
As I read everyone's notes about this, I see that nobody has tried something other than crackers. I was thinking perhaps give a try with bagel chips since they are a bit harder and are toasted it may stop them from getting soggy like the crackers, and the trade off is not too bad from crackers to the chips for the calories exchanged, if that is a concern. After all, a bagel chip runs about 8 calories and a Ritz cracker runs 16 calories.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >