Rainbow Pepper Appetizers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cut each pepper half into 9 pieces. Place skin side down in an ungreased cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with cheese, olives and pepper flakes, if desired.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until peppers are crisp-tender and cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 12 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 11, 2010
I have made this dish several times. It is a big hit everytime I make it. Very easy and simple to make. I have even started to bake the dish at 350 degrees in the oven til the cheese is melted or bubbly and it still takes fantastic! (make the dish as instructed and then bake at 350 degrees instead of in the broiler)
Jan 1, 2009
Simple, good and pretty healthy recipe. Preshedded cheese is a must because I shredded my own and it was difficult to distribute evenly. I used nisoise olives and kalamata would be good too for more flavor.