- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- In several large skillets, saute the onions, green peppers and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place in several large bowls; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to three greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring twice. Yield: 3 casseroles (8 servings each).
Reviews for Jambalaya Casserole
Sort By :
"This was pretty good and really easy to put together. I also didn't have the fresh tomato so I used canned and omitted the salt so it wouldn't be too salty. I thought it needed more of a meat flavor, so maybe next time I'll add more sausage, cube it, and then saute it with the veggies to help the flavors mix better. My husband went back for seconds and thirds after the kids were in bed, so you know it had to be good."
"Great flavor and easy to make. I didn't have fresh tomato, so used 1 can of crushed and cut the salt to 3/4 tsp; used 1/4 tsp. of cajun seasoning in place of hot sauce."
"one of our staple dinners when we have a crowd to feed! everyone loves it!"
"I used turkey sausage and light butter and it was fantastic!"
"I cut this recipe by 1/3 to make 1 casserole. It was delicious! Next time I will add shrimp along with the sausage. A big hit with my family- I will definitely make it again!"