- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds), skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 12 kaiser or hard rolls, split
- Place turkey breast in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper.
- Combine the chili sauce, vinegar, oregano and bouillon; pour over turkey and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until turkey is tender.
- Shred turkey with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Sandwiches
Sort By :
I agree with the other reviews. Delicious. Used potato dinner rolls instead of the kaiser rolls, and I really enjoyed it. It was perfect for brunch. I didn't add anything but used a frozen bone in turkey breast so cooked for 10 hours instead of 5. I added the sauce and then strained off the extra by shredding the turkey right into a colander.
So yummy & flavorful. I used boneless/skinless chicken breast instead of the turkey & I added a can of Italian diced tomatoes. Delicious. I also agree with the other comments... really good with peperoncini's.
This was a fantastic sandwich! A few banana peppers made it out of this world
I have made this recipe many times for young and old, and EVERYONE loves the tender turkey sandwiches, which are so easy to make the day before the party. Just reheat in your crockpot for easy serving. I add fresh basil and oregano when my garden is plentiful, and strain the sauce. For a little extra flavor serve with sliced golden peperoncini.
This was a hit with my husband and his sister! We're all on a diet, and I used the slow-cooked meat on lettuce instead of bread. It was incredibly tasty, incredibly healthy, and incredibly easy! Only takes five minutes!