- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds), skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 12 kaiser or hard rolls, split
- Place turkey breast in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper.
- Combine the chili sauce, vinegar, oregano and bouillon; pour over turkey and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until turkey is tender.
- Shred turkey with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious! I had a boneless turkey breast that was 3 lbs so I cut all ingredients in half and cooked on low fo 3 hours in my 4 quart crockpot. The meat turned out perfect. My family has already requested that I make it again."
"My husband and family loved these sandwiches. Wonderful flavor, hearty sandwich filling, moist turkey--overall a real winner. I served the shredded turkey with my homemade hamburger buns and we had a feast!"
"It was good, cooked mine for 10 hours since I couldn't make it home earlier, it turned out fine, needed a little more flavor, made 6 sandwiches and enough to send home with my son for a few days!"
"I agree with the other reviews. Delicious. Used potato dinner rolls instead of the kaiser rolls, and I really enjoyed it. It was perfect for brunch. I didn't add anything but used a frozen bone in turkey breast so cooked for 10 hours instead of 5. I added the sauce and then strained off the extra by shredding the turkey right into a colander."
"So yummy & flavorful. I used boneless/skinless chicken breast instead of the turkey & I added a can of Italian diced tomatoes. Delicious. I also agree with the other comments... really good with peperoncini's."