I hope you enjoy these tasty turkey sandwiches as much as our family does. The recipe makes plenty, so it's great for potlucks. (Leftovers are just as good). —Carol Riley, Ossian, Indiana
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds), skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 12 kaiser or hard rolls, split
- Place turkey breast in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper.
- Combine the chili sauce, vinegar, oregano and bouillon; pour over turkey and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until turkey is tender.
Shred turkey with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.
Freeze option: Place cooled meat and juice mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Turkey Sandwiches in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p29
Reviews for Italian Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review