- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, green pepper and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon into shell and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; pour over cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Quiche
Sort By :
I loved the flavor of this quiche. I didn't put any of the hot stuff into it and it was still a tad spicy for us, probably the Italian sausage we used. I added a teaspoon of minced garlic in the meat and veggie while sautéing them. Next time I'm going to use half the sausage, throw a couple more eggs into it and mix the cheese into the meat mixture cause I prefer it be somewhat blended into the dish instead of sitting on top of it. But all in all it is yummy even if I kept things the way the recipe reads, I just need to adjust for our tastes.
We really enjoyed this. I used 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 mild sausage b/c it's what I had on hand. Left out jalapeno pepper--was afraid it was too strong for husband. I may make it without the crust next time to save calories.
I'd made this recipe once before and thankfully I found it again. I used two 9" pie crust that worked well. Since I have a small child I left out the jalapeno and green peppers, yet it was still out of this world yummy! I'll be making it more often, no doubt.
Delicious and easy. Did not use a pie crust, made it w/out b/c I don't want the flour base. Used mild Italian sausage and made the rest as is. Four tsp of jalapeno is not too much! With a little fresh sour cream on the side, this is a very, very tasty quiche. Served it w/ TOH's Honey Fruit Salad and Strawberry Cooler. All recipes are KEEPERS!
I used this as a base for the quiche I made...just switched a few ingredients & it was so yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >