- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) cherry cake and pastry filling
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ice cream. Divide into four portions. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. With a fluted pastry cutting, cut into 2-in. squares. Place about 1/2 teaspoon filling in the center of each squares. Overlap two opposite corners of dough over the filling and seal. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Italian Horn Cookies
Sort By :
good christmas cookies
My husband LOVES these!! They are hard to keep sealed, if anyone has any advice on it, it is welcome!! Def inately use good quality ice cream for the flavor, I used vanilla bean. Next year I will make them with cherry as well as some with strawberry!! If you like cherry pie you will like these!!! Dough is dry but I added a litle more ice crem to get it to come together enough to form the dough and section it.
I just made these cookies for the first time for a bridal shower. It did take some time to make but the cookies were well worth it. They came out delicious and everyone at the shower loved them! They looked absolutely beautiful....
I didn't have the filling as specified, so I put a can of cherry pie filling in the food processor with a little almond extract and it worked. I was sceptical if the pastry would roll out as it appeared dry, but it did. I may run a little frosting over the cookies. The flavor is good.
This turned out like pie crust which I am not a fan of.