- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer to a salad bowl; add the basil, peppers and pine nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Drizzle over bean mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Italian Green Bean Salad in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p26
Reviews for Italian Green Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
the taste was average, nothing that stands out. i did like the pine nuts, it added a little extra flavor and texture to an otherwise ok side dish