- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer to a salad bowl; add the basil, peppers and pine nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Drizzle over bean mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Italian Green Bean Salad
Sort By :
"This was very tasty and refreshing. I used a bottled salad dressing to save time and left out the pine nuts because my grandson is allergic. It was still great. I made it for Christmas dinner with homemade baked manicotti and meatballs The meal was rich so this side dish went perfectly. Plus the red and green was great for Christmas!"
"the taste was average, nothing that stands out. i did like the pine nuts, it added a little extra flavor and texture to an otherwise ok side dish"