- 6 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, sage, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, saute zucchini and onions in oil for 2 minutes. Add egg mixture; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover; top with tomato slices and remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Italian Garden Frittata
Sort By :
I like this more for brunch or even a quick dinner but it was great. Because we don't like "runny eggs" in our family, I always put this under the broiler for just a few minutes at the end. If you don't have a skillet with a handle that can go in the oven cover the handle completely with foil before setting it in the oven. Don't leave it more than 3 or 4 minutes.
Really enjoyed this dish but added a few diced mushrooms and a pinch of oregano.
Italian garden frittata is a simple, easy meal to make and one we double when we have company. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box, as my family really likes it.