I like to serve this pretty frittata with melon wedges for a delicious breakfast or brunch. —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheese, sage, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a 10-in. broiler-safe skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and green onions; cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 4-7 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover; top with tomatoes and remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Garden Frittata in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p37
Reviews for Italian Garden Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review