I created this recipe one Sunday morning when I needed to use up some potatoes. Our two daughters especially look forward to sitting down to these individual casseroles. —Peggy Meador, Kell, Illinois
- 3 cups shredded uncooked potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute potatoes, onion, celery and green pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. If necessary, add additional oil to prevent sticking. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Add cheese, bacon and mushrooms; mix well. Stir in potato mixture. Pour into four greased individual baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Individual Brunch Casseroles in Country Pork 1996, p90
Reviews for Individual Brunch Casseroles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review