Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Impress guests with this gooey, chocolaty can't-resist dessert. They'll never guess it's store-bought ice cream sandwiches dressed up! —Taste of Home Cooking School
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish. Remove lid from fudge topping. Microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread one-half of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- 2. In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat layers of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.
- 3. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 422 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC