Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Impress guests with this gooey, chocolaty can't-resist dessert. They'll never guess it's store-bought ice cream sandwiches dressed up! —Taste of Home Cooking School
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half
- sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Arrange
- eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish. Remove lid from
- fudge topping. Microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread
- one-half of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse
- until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat
- layer of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping. Spread whipped
- topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20
- minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 422 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a