VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pouches (7.06 ounces each) light water-packed tuna
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Brush butter over cut sides of buns. Spoon tuna mixture onto bun bottoms; replace tops.
- Place each sandwich on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Fold foil around sandwich and seal tightly. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Tuna Heroes in Simple & Delicious