Cheesy Tuna Noodles
Not only is this dish delicious, it's economical, too! I serve it once a month.—Tamara Duggan, O'Fallon, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, place onion in a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish; dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, combine soup and milk; stir in tuna and cheeses. Pour over onion. Drain noodles; add to tuna mixture and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 405 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Tuna Noodles in Country Woman May/June 2001
Sep 16, 2017
I hate onions so i left them out. The Parmesan gives this dish a nice tang.
May 6, 2011
Sauteed onion on stove-top. Used 1/2 & 1/2 instead of milk, added frozen peas. Baked 30 min. at 350.