Hot Spiced Wine Recipe
My friends, family and I enjoy this spiced wine during cold-winter gatherings. This warm drink will be especially pleasing to people who enjoy dry red wines.Noel Lickenfelt, Bolivar, Pennsylvania
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) dry red wine
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine remaining ingredients. Add spice bag. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Wine in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p94
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hot Spiced Wine(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review