“In the six years that we have been married, my husband and I have lived in five countries on three continents,” writes Rebecca Lentz of Chattanooga, Tennessee. “This dish has proved to be a winner wherever in the world we have been.”
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken, peas, soup, milk, mustard, honey, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Chicken Pasta in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p20
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review