For a delicious spice to add to pumpkin pie, try this spice blend. The blend can also be added to spiced nut blends.—Mary Dixon, Catlin, Illinois
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice may be used to prepare the following recipe (also found in Recipe Finder): Spice Nuts. Or it may be used as a substitute for the spices called for in your favorite pumpkin pie recipe. Yield: 2-1/2 tablespoons.
Originally published as Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice in Country Woman November/December 1995
Reviews for Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review