Homemade Pickling Spice Recipe
I can every year and I love to use this pickling spice for my pickles. Everyone says they are the best they have ever had. Olivia Miller, Memphis, Tennessee
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight jar or container. Use in favorite pickle recipes. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Homemade Pickling Spice in Country Woman July/August 1992, p38
Reviews for Homemade Pickling Spice(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review